Clinical Field Experiences
Annual background checks now required for all Education courses with classroom field experiences!
In order to comply with laws by the State and local school corporations - ALL EDU students must follow these prodedures:
- Obtain the Safe Hiring Solutions Authorization Form in Newby Hall or by printing it from the link below.
- Turn the completed and signed form in to the Newby Hall Education Office by the end of the first week of class in the first term you are enrolled in an EDU course. The Summary of Rights is for your information only. It is acceptable to only list the last four digits of your social security number. Your student account will be charged for this report. The amount can vary dependent upon individual's residence and work histories. The average cost is about $38. You may qualify for a Spicer Phillips grant to help with costs.
- The Education Student Services Coordinator will work with Hanover College Human Resources, Business, Financial Aid and Registrar's offices to ensure compliance, proper assessment to student account, financial aid, and reporting to the appropriate local school corporations.
- A copy of your report will be on file in Newby - you may have a copy if you would like one. If you have had this background check done for employment by the College, you may obtain a copy from Human Resources and turn that in for your Education Program file, providing it is less than one year old.
- Only one background check per student is required per year, it does not matter how many or how few courses you are enrolled in during that academic year. The exception could be those student teaching in an urban assignment. There may also be additional requirements for clinicals in alternate schools.
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, the Hanover College Educator Preparation Program requires all Methods and Student Teaching assignment enrollees to provide PROOF that they are student members of the National Education Association (NEA) which includes a million dollars in liability coverage. Join below: