Applying to the Hanover College Edu Prep Program
Students may apply to the Hanover College Educator Preparation Program any time after completion of EDU 221 (Education and the American Culture). Elementary Education students definitely want to be admitted in time to declare Elementary Education as their major by the February deadline for Sophomores to declare their major. If they have not they will need to declare another major and change majors when they have been admitted to the Education Program.
TEC has set three "target dates" for applications to be considered - November 1, February 1, and May 1.
The true deadline for applying is the end of the Sophomore year in all but the most extreme of circumstances. Students may possibly be admitted later by appeal, but will likely require an additional semester to complete the Program. All qualified applicants are admitted as there is not a maximum candidate number.
Educator Preparation Program Requirements include:
- Completion of EDU 221
- 2.5 minimum grade point average
- Passing admissions scores as determined by the State of Indiana (SAT minimum 1100/1170 OR ACT minimum 24 OR passing scores on the Indiana CASA exams. http://www.in.nesinc.com/
- Clear student Judicial Record with Student Life and Student Academic Assistance Committee (SAAC)
- High quality essay per published rubric (written in EDU 221)
- Two recommendations from Hanover College faculty (this is done within the My Hanover application utility)
- Successful Decision Point 1 Interview by TEC
The application Cannot be submitted using the Internet explorer or edge browsers due to compatibility issues with my hanover.
My Hanover > Academic>Academic Programs>Education program>EDU Application or click the following link
The essays are written in an EDU 221 assignment late in term, for those needing them here are the instructions and rubric for the application essays:
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, please contact the Student Services Coordinator or any ot the Education faculty!