Hanover College Educator Preparation Program
MEASURE 1.a. (INITIAL): COMPLETER EFFECTIVENESS (R4.1)
Part A: Completer impact in contributing to P-12 student-learning growth.
Principals surveyed by the Indiana Department of Education in 2022 provided feedback on first and second year Hanover College Educator Preparation Program initial licensure alumni. The indicated that they found Hanover College EPP completers to be prepared in their content and pedagogy, as will as prepared in having the appropriate professional dispositions.
Principals agree that our graduates impact P-12 learning growth and display the professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for the profession. Our program completers :
- Understand how students learn and differentiate instruction for all learners
- Meet or exceed expectations for content knowledge and preparation
- Adhere to the legal and ethical requirements of the teaching profession
View the full Principal Survey report for Hanover College EPP in Measure 2, below.
Additional information on educator evaluations: https://www.in.gov/doe/educators/educator-evaluations/
Graduates surveyed by the Indiana Department of Education in 2022 represent the 2019, 2020, and 2021 cohorts who are employed in Indiana Schools. Our graduates stressed the effectiveness of their preparation at Hanover College.
Initial Licensure Program Completers report the are satisfied or highly satisfied with the training they received at Hanover College in the following areas:
- Content preparation and knowledge
- Inclusive and rigorous learning environments
- Learner development and growth
- Collaboration with school leaders and colleagues
View the Indiana Department of Education Teacher Survey report for Hanover College EPP:
The Hanover College Educator Preparation Program also directly surveys completers after their first year of teaching to obtain data from the completer's perspective on the effectiveness of their preparation and the impact on their students' growth. Below are the voluntary responses by seven (7) respondents of the fifteen (15) total completers from EPP's 2022 cohort.
MEASURE 1.b. INDICATORS OF TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS
The Indiana Department of Education provides an annual report of teacher performance as evaluated by their building leaders. The report reflects performance by teachers within the first three years based on evaluations conducted in 2021-2022.
- The percentage of Hanover College EPP graduates who are teachers with 1-2 years of experience with a "highly effective" or "effective" rating is unknown because there were less than ten completers in each category. The Indiana Department of Education does not report the results for less than ten teachers as seem in the report shown below.
- The report shows that the thirty (30) teachers with three (3) years experience all ranked as "highly effective" or "effective" by their school administration. This is 100% of Hanover College EPP alumni teachers.
- The Indiana Department of Education defines a Highly Effective teacher as one that consistently exceeds expectations and demonstrates "competencies reasonably believed to be highly correlated with positive student learning outcomes" (IDOE Rise Handbook).
- The Indiana Department of Education defines an Effective Teacher as one that consistently meets expectations and "competencies reasonably believe to be highly correlated with positive student learning outcomes". (IDOE Rise Handbook).
Measure 2 (INITIAL) SATISFACTION OF EMPLOYERS AND STAKEHOLDER INVOLVEMENT (CAEP R4.2, R5.3, RA4.1)
Principals surveyed by the Indiana Department of Education in 2022 provided feedback on first and second year Hanover College Educator Preparation Program initial licensure alumni.
- Hiring principals believe graduates are well-prepared. They are satisfied or very satisfied overall with the training their teachers received from Hanover College.
For additional information on the Principal Survey, we provide the following link:
MEASURE 3: (INTIAL) CANDIDATE COMPETENCY AT PROGRAM COMPLETION (R3.3, RA 3.4)
To obtain program completer status for licensure certification by the Hanover College EPP, the teacher candidates must achieve the following:
- Achieve a minimum major GPA of 3.0 in their major/content area.
- Have at least a 90% effectiveness rating on their final student teaching candidate evaluation rubric
- Pass the Decision Point 3 Presentation/Interview by a panel of at least three clinical educators
- Receive their completed bachelor's degree
Title II Section 207 of the Higher Education Act (HEA) requires states, as recipients of HEA funds, and all institutions with teacher preparation programs that enroll students receiving federal financial assistance, to prepare reports on teacher preparations and licensing. These reports detail the enrollment and completion of our teacher candidates.
2022 Title II Report for Hanover College
For the 2023 cohort, the Educator Preparation Program had a total of seventeen (17) May 2023 program completers and four December 2023 program completers with an average major GPA of 3.962. This included the following certifications.
Elementary Education: Eleven (11) completers
Elementary Education with Mild Interventions: Two (2) completers
Secondary English Language Arts: Three (3) completers
Secondary Mathematics: One (1) completer
Secondary Science (Biology): Two (2) completers
Secondary Social Studies (History): Two (2) completers
For the 2022 cohort, the Educator Preparation Program has a total of sixteen (16) program completers with an average major GPA of 3.853. This includes the following certifications.
5 completers in Elementary Education
5 completers in Elementary Education (Grades K-6) + dual certification in Special Education: Mild Interventions (Grades P-12)
1 completer in Physical Education and Health (Grades P-12) 1 completer in Physical Education & Health (Grades P-12) + dual certification in Special Education: Mild Interventions (Grades P-12)
2 completers in Secondary Education in Science: Biology (Grades 5-12)
1 completer in Secondary Education for Social Studies: Political Science (Grades 5-12)
1 completer in Secondary Education in World Languages: Spanish (grades 5-12)
Measure 4: (INITIAL) ABILITY OF COMPLETERS TO BE HIRED IN EDUCATION POSITIONS FOR WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN PREPARED
Hanover College's Levett Career Center assist the EPP in confirming employment information on our graduates.
The following information shows the institution's self-gathered data on our graduates following program completion.
Seventy one percent (70.588%) of the May 2023 program completers were hired in Education positions that align with their preparation programs. (12 of 17 completers) with two in grad school and three not reporting employment for Fall 2023.
88 percent (88%) of the sixteen 2022 program completers were hired in Education positions that align with their preparation programs (14 of 16 completers)
One completer is employed outside of an Education career.
Eighty-two percent (82%) of the 2021 program completers were hired in Education positions that align with their preparation programs. (14 of 17 completers)
One program completer participated in the Disney College Internship Program
One program completer is enrolled in graduate school
One program completer moved out of state and has not reported their employment so is not counted.
Data for each of these accountability measures is shared and reviewed with stakeholder groups. These stakeholders include members of our Education Advisory Council of Clinical Educators and the Teacher Education Committee of the faculty of Hanover College. Collaborative decisions for the EPP are made in EPP/Education Department Faculty Meetings as well Data Team Meetings based upon the reported data and with the input of stakeholders .