Junior Level Methods
Sometimes referred to as "practicum" or practice teaching, our Methods courses' clinical experiences prepare our third year , admitted teacher candidates for a full student teaching placement as seniors and to put into practice the pedagogy skills hat they are acquiring in classes. Hanover's Methods courses include the following:
Elementary Education: EDU 340, 302, 303, 304, and 305
Secondary Methods Courses are: EDU 314, EDU 315, and EDU 33X which is dependent on the teaching area. (i.e. History is EDU 338)
Students in these course must have:
- formal admission to the EPP
- an annual background check per academic year via Safe Hiring Solutions
- a current Standard for Success subscription
- an annual student membership in the National Education Association (NEA) which affords candidates up to $3 million in liability insurance along with other benefits.
Please see Cheryl Torline for any questions on both the NEA and the background check.
- NEA Student Membership Enrollment
- Safe Hiring Solutions online request form