Dear Potential Teacher Education Program Applicants:
If you are interested in applying to become a teacher candidate Winter Term 2015, please pay close attention to the information below:
• Application deadline is Friday, Jan. 16, 2015.
• Paper applications are currently available on the EDU Website: education.hanover.edu/prospects/applying.php or in Newby Hall. We are currently developing an electronic version of the application and hope to have it available soon.
• Students must have one of the following 1) SAT score greater than or equal to 1100 (best math and verbal sections only, not writing); 2) ACT score greater than or equal to 24; or 3) Core Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) Exam minimum scores of 220 for each subtest. If you need to take the CASA exam, we suggest you sign up for this as soon as possible. More information can be found here: www.doe.in.gov/licensing and the Indiana CORE Assessments for Teacher Licensure website where you can find information about CASA and register for the test: http://www.in.nesinc.com
• The application includes revised essay prompts. The new prompts give students more options when communicating their personal commitment to and understanding of teaching and learning. An editing sheet and rubric are available within the application packet.
• We encourage students to seek assistance from the Learning Center when writing their essay. Contact the Learning Center via email at email@example.com.
• Only completed applications will be processed. Completed applications include:
• Completed paper form
• Passing SAT/ACT minimums or CASA exam scores
• Two written recommendations from Hanover College professors outside the Education Department
• Application essay
If you have questions about the application or application process, please contact Cheryl Torline at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Stephanie Philipp, Director of Teacher Education at email@example.com.
The winter break would be a great time to make progress on your application, so don’t put this off until the winter semester, when you know you will be very busy with coursework and extra-curricular activities.
Have a great holiday break and let us know if you have any questions about the application process!
Stephanie Philipp, Ph.D.
Director Of Teacher Education
4 Newby Hall
Hanover, IN 47243
What kind of educator do YOU plan to be?
Hanover College Education Program - where a community of teachers and learners prepare committed, competent, culturally responsive, and critically reflective new teachers. Classroom experience. Off-campus opportunities. Eye-opening challenges. Dedicated and knowledgeable faculty. All these pieces make for a teacher education program that will help you be prepared to be the teacher you want to be!
The Hanover College Education Department works in collaboration with many professionals in the field to ensure that our program completers are strong candidates for the jobs they seek. Teacher candidates from Hanover are not only specialists in their content areas, but well-prepared by their liberal arts background to be critical thinkers with excellent writing and speaking skills.