State Requirements for Education Program Admission
Candidates must document basic skills competency for admission to educator preparation programs using the following additional assessments/routes:
- ACT® with a score of at least 24 based on Math, Reading, Grammar, and Science
- SAT® with a score of at least 1100 based on Critical Reading and Math
- GRE® with a score of at least 1100 based on Verbal and Quantitative prior to 8/1/11
- GRE® with a score of at least 301 based on Verbal and Quantitative on or after 8/1/11
- Applicants also have the option of achieving passing scores on the Indiana CORE Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) as an additional means for demonstrating basic skills competency and application to an accredited Teacher Education Program. This exam consists of three subtest in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics. A score of at least a 220 in each subtest must be attained to pass.
To register to take the CASA Exam - go to https://www.in.nesinc.com/
Only Pearson Education preparation materials are recommended. There are several independent CASA test prep products on the market. The Longsdale Publishing Company's online course and practice tests have been reviewed by our Program and it's a good value for preparing for the CASA at $39.95
NOTE: APPLICANTS WITH A MASTERS OR HIGHER DEGREE ARE EXEMPT FROM THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.